Criteria For Foster Parents
The Home’s Comprehensive Foster Program wants to put children in the safest setting and a stable home where they have room to grow and be a kid. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, please review the following information before you attend an information session.
- Potential foster parents must be at least 25 years of age.
- You must be willing to commit to having each foster child in your home for at least one year.
- You must be willing to consider taking individual children and/or sibling groups ages 11 and up.
- You must be able to have a placement within 3 months of licensure.
- You can only have up to 4 children in a household, INCLUDING up to 2 foster children under the age of 18 years old.
- No Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, or Rottweilers allowed. Other dogs are permitted.
- Your residence MUST have an available bedroom at the time of application.
- No more than 2 children can share a bedroom. Only children of the same gender and less than 4 years difference in age can share a bedroom. Each child must have their own bed and dresser. Shared bedrooms must allow at least 50 square feet of space per child.
- You must provide all required transportation for the foster child.
- You can take foster children to religious services with you ONLY if the child wants to. No religious practices or beliefs should be imposed on any foster child. It will be your responsibility as a foster care provider to arrange approved child care whenever a child declines to attend services with you.
The Home supports foster care by gay and lesbian families.
Call Lucy Collins at
Contact Us Today