Become a Foster Parent
During the summer and fall of 2013, the Recruitment Coordinator will have information booths at fairs and festivals across Massachusetts.
The Home for Little Wanderers is looking for individuals to partner with us in providing safe havens for children in foster care. Every child deserves a safe and loving home.
The requirements listed below are needed to pre-qualify as a potential foster parent. You MUST meet all of these criteria in order to be considered.
- Potential foster parents must be at least 25 years of age.
- You must be willing to commit to having each foster child in your home for at least one year.
- You must be willing to take individual children and sibling groups ages 11 and up.
- You must be able to have a placement within 3 months of licensure.
- You can only have up to 4 children in a household, INCLUDING up to 2 foster children. All children must be ages 18 or under.
- No Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, or Rottweilers allowed. Other dogs are permitted.
- Your residence MUST have an available bedroom at the time of application.
- No more than 2 children can share a bedroom. Only children of the same gender and less than 4 years difference in age can share a bedroom. Each child must have their own bed and dresser. Shared bedrooms must allow at least 50 square feet of space per child.
- You must provide all required transportation for the foster child.
- You can take foster children to religious services with you ONLY if the child wants to. No religious practices or beliefs should be imposed on any foster child. It will be your responsibility as a foster care provider to arrange approved child care whenever a child declines to attend services with you.
If you meet all the criteria above and want to learn more about becoming a foster parent, please attend an information session or contact:
Family Recruitment Coordinator