the clifford school at Longview farm
Photo by Gregg Shupe
The Cifford School at Longview Farm is a Massachusetts-approved Chapter 766 private school offering year-round educational treatment programs for children and youth (aged 5-18) with a wide range of behavioral and educational challenges. The campus is located on the 166-acre Longview Farm in Walpole and includes a newly-constructed 31,000-ft addition to the educational facility.
The program addresses educational, psychological and behavioral challenges with the goal of improving academic success, enhancing social and life skills and returning students as quickly as possible to a less intensive educational setting. This is accomplished by providing comprehensive educational instruction, as well as social and recreational opportunities that meet or exceed state and federal standards and are tailored to each student’s individual learning ability and style. Highlights of the program include:
- Separate middle and high school tracks in accordance with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks
- Credit accrual and credit recovery opportunities
- Individual and small group instruction based on academic needs and IEPs
- Core classes including reading, English Language Arts, science, social studies, history, mathematics, and health
- MCAS material incorporated into daily academic work
- Elective classes including cooking, sculpting, drawing, journalism, leadership skills, music (percussion and strings and recording studio equipment), introductory architecture as well as auto, electrical and woodworking vocational shops.
- College planning and preparation
- Clinical staff on-site five days per week
- Dedicated sensory integration rooms and classroom sensory tools
- On-campus speech and language pathologist and occupational therapist
- Wide variety of on-site, engaging and fun recreation/fitness activities
The Clifford School at Longview Farm is a Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) approved and Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC) licensed special education school for boys and girls aged between 5 and 18.